My entrance into the blogosphere has been via personal finance and financial independence (FI) blogs. One of the first blogs I read was Mr. Money Mustache. I started reading a few of his articles, then started to devour the content. Then I found more FI blogs, and let my magazine subscriptions expire.
My top ten favorite blogs:
- Root of Good. Justin has great articles about personal finance and frugal living. Favorite post: “$150,000 Income, $150 Income Tax”. Who knew some people could contribute to a 403b and a 457? This blog has saved me a lot of money. If only I’d found it sooner.
- Mr Money Mustache. A ton of great content on frugality and how to break free from a consumer society. Favorite post: “A Millionaire is Made Ten Bucks at a Time”. Ten bucks IS a lot of money.
- Mad FIentist. Detailed articles on strategies to optimize the path to financial independence. Favorite post: “How to Access Retirement Funds Early”. No you don’t have to wait till age 59.5 to access your retirement accounts.
- Early Retirement Extreme. Jacob Lund Fisker has a great blog about principles for lifestyle design and achieving financial independence. Favorite post: Here I am going to diverge a bit and say my favorite content is the first chapter of his book “Early Retirement Extreme” which can be previewed on Amazon.
- The Finance Buff. Great concise articles on numerous financial topics. Favorite post: “Why Investors Don’t Realize CDs Are a Better Deal Than Bonds”. I own Bonds and CDs.
- GoCurryCracker. Travel and financial independence blog. I like their tax articles, they show their forms and it’s very helpful to see exactly how they minimize taxes. Favorite post: “Never Pay Taxes Again“.
- My Money Blog. Jonathan posts about investing, money saving tips, and credit card rewards. Favorite post: His latest deal/tip.
- Millionaire Educator. Not oxymorons. They document their path to FI. Favorite post: “How We Saved $500,000 in 4.5 Years“.
- Interstellar Orchard. Took till #9 to get to a non-FI blog. Becky documents her full time RVing in a Casita trailer. I don’t plan to full time, but I’ve gotten some great tips on buying an RV and traveling. Favorite post: “Boondocking Answers”.
- Doctor of Credit. The latest credit card and financial deals. I’m addicted. Favorite post: The latest deal/tip.